Welcome to RW Design

This was at one point in time my book blog. As you can probably tell from some past posts, and the name -Read N Write This Way- That was in it's younger days. Now it is the New and Improved Read & Write & DESIGN this way.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Beautiful Creatures Review

DETAILS


  • Reading level: Young Adult


  • Hardcover: 563 pages


  • Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers; 1 edition (December 1, 2009)


  • Author(s): Margaret Stohl & Kami Garcia



  • Outline: Ethan Wate is what you consider a popular guy at his high school in the small town of Gatlin, South Carolina, until he meets the "Strange" Lena Duchannes, the girl he's been dreaming about. After their actual meeting, Ethan can't seem to stay away from his dream girl. Even though something is different about her. He finally learns about her and her family's history of being Casters (witch like) and that on her 16th birthday she'll be claimed as either Light or Dark. Through the journey Ethan stays with Lena for what is sure to be something incredible to come. Maybe.

    Started: 9-27-10
    Finished: 10-09-10

    Thoughts: When I started this it was before I actually had the book I went online and read the first 200 and something pages from the website. After reading those I was like I have to buy this book and see what happens. So it took me a good month to find the book. Which I finally found at B & N. When I did get it I admit it took me awhile to actually get into it.  Don't get me wrong once I did I loved it. It just seemed a little slow at first. It seemed like it took awhile for things to start happening, but that's ok. The book described alot of stuff at the beginning. It built up the characters which I loved. I'm one for knowing the characters quick it lets you kinda build a relationship with them throughout the book I guess you could say. You feel like you know them better and you can connect with them. I definitely felt that way with Ethan and Lena. It was also nice to see a "Romance like novel" in the point of view of a guy. I loved learning about Lena's world of Casters. I must admit I was sad near the end of the book. I hate when things happen, but it makes the story more interesting when things do happen so it's all good.

    All in all I would say 4 out of 5 stars

    My rating system will be improved as I get more books read and reviewed.

    Happy Reading and Blogging :)
    Ash

    No comments:

    Post a Comment