Welcome to RW Design

This was at one point in time my book blog. As you can probably tell from some past posts, and the name -Read N Write This Way- That was in it's younger days. Now it is the New and Improved Read & Write & DESIGN this way.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Blood Approves Review

  • AUTHOR- Amanda Hocking
  • PAGES: 332 pages
  • PUBLISHER: CreateSpace (March 17, 2010)
OUTLINE: Seventeen-year-old Alice Bonham's life feels out of control after she meets Jack. With his fondness for pink Chuck Taylors and New Wave hits aside, Jack's unlike anyone she's ever met. Then she meets his brother, Peter. His eyes pierce through her, and she can barely breathe when he's around. Even though he can't stand the sight of her, she's drawn to him. But falling for two very different guys isn't even the worst of her problems. Jack and Peter are vampires, and Alice finds herself caught between love and her own blood...

MY THOUGHTS: I got thisbook through my Kindle I have on my computer and it was free so I figured what the hell. So when I started reading this I was thinking this sounds alot like another book that's hugely popular, Twilight, The hot guy with the a secret and a young girl that falls in love with him and wants to know. Then I started to think that's what most books are really. You have to kind of over look that fact I guess. I read it in like 7 or 8 hours (I had nothing else to do) The vampires in this book also find other ways to get blood rather then killing people. I think the major difference in this one is for one it's kind of like a soulmate thing. Alice is linked to Peter(vampire) but the Jack is the one that falls for her. Unlike Twilight though Jack isn't tryin to keep Alice from turning. He's actually for it. Although early on in the book you kind of figure out what Jack and his family really are Alice doesn't find out til father along in the book, which seems eh because it's pretty clear to the reader. It's pretty much Alice struggling between her pull towards peter and her I guess you could call it a crush on Jack. I love some of the characters to Alice's brother is younger then her, but seems so much older it's like he takes care of her. (Parent-mom isn't really around) later in the book you find out somethings about him that I find refreshing in books. I also like the Vampire family members of Jack, the mom and dad, are so laid back for vampires. They seem to genuinely care for everybody and take Alice in too. Enough said. Read it to find out more. You can get it through Amazon.com

If you have nothing better to do this actually is an easy read. There are 3 more books in the series which I have yet to read but will eventually. It's not high on my to read list but it's still there because the ending to this one does just that ends. It leaves you wanting to know what happens to Alice and her love triangle, what happens with her brother, and what her decision is.


3 of 5 Stars
(Plot seems to close to others)

Happy Reading and Blogging


No comments:

Post a Comment