Welcome to RW Design

This was at one point in time my book blog. As you can probably tell from some past posts, and the name -Read N Write This Way- That was in it's younger days. Now it is the New and Improved Read & Write & DESIGN this way.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Strange Angel Review

  • AUTHOR: Lili St. Crow
  • READING LEVEL: Young adult
  • PAGES: 293
  • PUBLISHER: Penguin Group (USA) Incorporated (Razorbill)
  •  WEBSITE: http://www.strange-angels.com/
OUTLINE:  Dad? Zombie.
                   Mom? Long gone
                   Me? Well, that's the scary part.

The real world is a frightening place. Just ask 16 year old orphan Dru Anderson, a tough girl who has taken down her fair share of bad guys. She's armed, dangerous, and ready to kill first and ask questions later. So it's gonna take her awhile to figure out who she can trust...

Dru Anderson has been 'strange" for as long as she can remember, traveling from town to town with her father to hunt things that go bump in the night.  It's a weird life, but a good one--until it all explodes in an icy, broken-down Dakota town, when a hungry zombie bursts through her kitchen door. Alone, terrified, and trapped, Dru's going to need every inch of her wit and training to stay alive. The monsters have decided to hunt back--andthis time, Dru's on their menu. Chances of survival? Slim to none.

If she can't last until sun-up, it's game over.... (Outline courteousy of back cover on book) 

STARTED: 10-09-2010
FINISHED: 10-16-2010

MY THOUGHTS:
I finally finished the book yea me. After I really sat down to read it from page 100 and on I was through it just like that. When I first started reading this I thought it went a little slow. I'm kind of a fast paced person when it comes to reading I want things to happen quic, but sometimes the begining of the books half to go slow to build up the story I suppose. Once I actually got through the first few chapters I started to enjoy it more. If you've ever seen Supernatural on the WB it's about two brothers Dean and Sam chasing the things that go bump in the night well that's what this books reminds me of. Sorry off topic a little bit.
Anyways, it follows Dru a 16 year old who just lost her dad to zombies, and who's mother died when she was younger. Alot of her story and past shows up later in the book and we learn alot more about who she is and her family. Sound interesting? After everything falls apart for her (her dad turns Zombie. Not a spoiler the book cover says it. LOL. She meets a boy Graves(what good book doesn't have a love interest) at the school she goes too. She tries her hardest to get rid of him but he refuses to leave her. He thinks she's interesting. Graves is kind of a loner to so they go well together. She finally gives in and begins to trust him and things go from there. Now I'm not going to say alot more because that would give things away. Just read to find out.
I loved how this book didn't just contain Vampires or Werewolves, or any one particular creature of the night. Even though, I do love a good Vampire or Were story. This book contained all kinds of creature from Suckers (vampires), Werwulfs, Zombies, Dreamwalkers, Skinchangers, and Djamphirs (I was shocked to see this one cause it's one that's kind of in the Vampire Academy series) among others. I am curious though, how come most vampires in stories are all really really young? I mean can't some be turned into vampires while they're older. Just something to ponder.
All in all I liked this book very much, yes it took me awhile to get started like I said at the begining, but it was worth it. Now I have the need to read Betrayals the 2nd one (which by the way I bought before I had strange angels. Don't ask.) and then Jealousy which I have to go out and buy.

Also I must say this when reading I tend to jot down quotes I like from the books, and I did so with this one also maybe sometime I'll put them up. Hummmm.
4 of 5 stars

Happy reading
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment